In the world of FME, What is expected of a FME worker?
While working in the plant, FME (Foreign Material Exclusion) workers must be personally committed to be error-free:
Dedicated FME monitor roles and responsibilities
- The FME monitors are individuals assigned to monitor and log the movement of tools and materials in and out of the FME Zone.
- Has command and control of FME zones
- Maintains log and performs periodic log reconciliations
- Performs quality turnover for monitor responsibilities
- Performs housekeeping inspection of areas in an FME zone 1
- Workers read and sign the specific FME plan for the designated area (Refuel floor only)
- Securing methods such as lanyards or straps are used to prevent items such as tools, hard hats, badges, lanyards, etc., from becoming FM
- The work package has the appropriate FME paperwork included and signed off when all materials are removed
- Workers understand the actions to take when there is a loss of FME integrity